Pirelli Scorpion STR A 255/70R18 112H AS A/S All Season Tire 2016
Pirelli Scorpion STR A
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Shorter braking distance
- Reduced road noise
- All year-round traction
- Longer lasting tread
- Reinforced internal structure
- Slight off-road use
The Pirelli Scorpion STR A is a highway terrain all season tire manufactured for light duty pickup trucks. The STR stands for Stability, Traction Rating, while the A notes that the tire has the Northern American variation of tread pattern on it. Pirelli offers a 65,000 mile warranty for this model.
This tire offers a quiet and comfortable drive. The tread pattern’s continuous shoulder rib reduces the road noise heard in the cabin of the vehicle. The lowered noise levels are the result of the center rib channeling the soundwaves through the tire’s tread grooves, eliminating the noise the tires make in the process. This aspect of the tread pattern enables the tire to follow the road surface well, lowering the vibrations felt by the passengers.
This model has great all weather traction due to the silica-based tire compound. The tire grips the road well in dry, wet and in light winter conditions. The special tread pattern, with its circumferential grooves, eliminates water from under the footprint and helps resist hydroplaning. The tire is safer to use all year thanks to these features.
The tread design is molded into a symmetric pattern. This, along with the equally distributed driving force, prevents irregular wear along the tire’s tread area and slows down the overall wear rate of the tire. The tread life is extended because of this, making the tire more cost efficient and economic.
The tire’s internal structure is reinforced with steel belts, which provides additional strength and durability. This allows the tire to carry slightly heavier loads, making it excellent for light duty pickup trucks. The special structure and the tread pattern, with the continuous center rib, greatly improve the steering precision, while also offering better road feedback.
The Scorpion STR A can also handle slight off-road surfaces. The special reinforced structure enables the tire to have good traction in some off-road conditions, making the model more versatile. This is also due to the enhanced steering response time, which improves the control the driver has over the tire and shortens its braking distance. Its braking becomes more powerful, making it safer to use.
Below is a list of some popular vehicles that 255/70R18 tires may fit depending on Year & Option. However the list does not cover all vehicle's that these tires can fit:
- Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer
- Ford Expedition EL King Ranch
- Ford Expedition EL Limited
- Ford Expedition EL XLT
- Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
- Ford Expedition King Ranch
- Ford Expedition Limited
- Ford Expedition XLT
- Jeep Wrangler 70th Anniversary
- Jeep Wrangler JK Altitude
- Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara
- Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Altitude
- Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Sahara
- Jeep Wrangler Polar
- Jeep Wrangler Sahara
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 70th Anniversary
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Dragon Edition
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x2
- Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4
- Lincoln Navigator
- Lincoln Navigator L
- Lincoln Navigator L Luxury
- Lincoln Navigator L Ultimate
- Lincoln Navigator Luxury
- Lincoln Navigator Ultimate
- Toyota Tundra Limited w/steel wheels
- Toyota Tundra SR w/steel wheels
- Toyota Tundra SR5 w/steel wheels
- Toyota Tundra w/steel wheels